Monday 6 January 2014

Avon Nail Experts 24k Gold Strength - First Look


In the name of self improvement I am always searching for products which make my nails stronger and therefore grow longer. Just before Christmas I had got to a stage where my nails kept splitting and it was painful so I cut them right down, perhaps too short as well oops!

Through years of acrylic nails (yes, I know...not good) accompanied with my psoriasis and gluten intolerance my nails have never been strong and easily bend and split.

I was given Avon Nail Experts 24k Gold Strength in (one of) my stocking(s) for Christmas and although I have dabbled with it before decided to make a concerted effort with it this time around.



The liquid itself is clear with lots of gold particles which according to the Avon website is REAL gold! If nothing else that's something funky I haven't had in a nail product before.

When looking for instructions on the box that this polish came in all I could find was...


...apply to clean dry nails. Well yes, I sort of assumed that, thanks Avon.

So as I have tried out similar products from Rimmel and OPI in the past I will use this as I used them painting on top a new coat each day for a week, take it off after 7 days and then repeat for another week.


(Apologies for my raggedy cuticles and the slight fake tan staining that still hasn't worn off...clever move...)

To start I applied two coats, it has added a sheen rather than an all out shine to my nails and you can't really pick out the gold flecks unless you stare really hard. Perhaps over the week this will build up, and to be honest I wasn't looking for this to be cosmetic product more of a treatment so this doesn't bother me!

If you want to give it a go for yourself you can order online for £5 (but often there are offers on) here: http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/nail-experts/nail-experts-gold-strength.html


I will update in 2 weeks to let you know how things go and whether this treatment helps more poor nails out!

Speak soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment